DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKERS ALL OVER AUSTRALIA
At Windsor Health, our aim is to make the NDIS as easy as possible for you to navigate. The NDIS system can seem a bit confusing at times, let us make your life a little easier by guiding you through it every step of the way.
We are here to support you and your specific set of care requirements, whether you are a new or existing NDIS participant. At Windsor Health, we have a dedicated and specialised team ready to help you towards achieving your goals, with our versatile range of supports.
Below is a comprehensive list of our disability care services provided by Windsor Health
Give us a call on 0404319230 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can personalise the best support you or your loved one.
Assistance with Daily Living
If you need extra support due to a disability, an illness or accident, our experienced and caring staff will visit your home to support you with:
- Personal hygiene
- Showering, grooming & dressing
- Continence support
- Getting in & out of bed
- Meal preparation, nutrition & eating
- Moving around the house
- Assistance with School Work
Assistance with Social and Community Participation
At Windsor health, we understand the importance of participating in social,recreational and other community activities. Our dedicated carers will assist in not only finding suitable activities for you, but also be there to assist in building your
confidence so that you can participate independently.
- Catching Public Transport
- Accessing their local shops
- Attending medical appointments
- Navigating to a relative or friends residence
- Buying items from the shops
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Grocery Shopping
- Visting Library
- Going to parks or events
- Attending Schools and Educati0nal Events
Our Support Coordinators will work closely with you to achieve your NDIS goals and:
- Identify the services and service providers that best meet your individual needs and allow you to achieve value for money and exercise your choice and control
- Connect you with a strong support team and coordinate service providers and supports; or build your capacity to coordinate your own supports
- Obtain quotes for services and set up Service Agreements with providers
- Source suitable accommodation and respite options
- Link you into a job, or other community activities
- Coordinate assessments, reports, and health and medical specialists
- Plan and explore options for times of key life transitions, such as leaving school or moving home
- Monitor your progress towards your NDIS goals and the performance of the support services you use
- Request a plan review if your plan does not meet your needs, and
- Review your goals prior to your NDIS plan review
NDIS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I access the NDIS?
If you or a loved one are currently receiving support from Disability Services you will be contacted approximately 6 months prior to the NDIS being available in your area. This usually involves either a face-to-face or over-the-phone access request and the transition is usually quite simple.
If you or your loved one are not currently receiving support from Disability Services, you could still be eligible for NDIS assistance. Simply call NDIA to make an access request on 1800 800 110.
What is the eligibility criteria for NDIS?
Eligibility criteria for the NDIS includes:
- You must be under the age of 65 at the time of your application
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or visa holder
- You must meet the disability criteria under the NDIS scheme
If you are unsure if you meet the disability criteria you can check this by:
- Accessing the NDIS disability checklist: www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-accesschecklist.html
- Call the NDIA on 1800 800 110
What happens if I turn 65 while receiving the NDIS support?
You can choose to continue receiving NDIS assistance or you can transition to the aged care system.
What other options are there if I am not eligible for NDIS?
You will continue to receive the same support you are currently receiving under your state or federal government funding arrangements.
How much does it cost for support under NDIS?
All NDIS registered service providers can charge the maximum fee for each service as specified in the NDIS price guide. At Windsor Health we charge either lower or the same fees as specified. Please contact us for a quote on the services that you require.